Thursday, March 17, 2011

Anything Green'll do!

Anything Green'll do

I've got green on the mind, in my dreams, in my wishes and yearnings - I'm even drinking out of a green Dirt Cowboy "to go" mug as I write. So it's grand that it's St. Patrick's Day and I can wallow in green all day. I'll wrap myself in swaths of green cotton and wool and stride around so nature gets the message. I'll give a good Irish keen for the end of winter, I'll mourn it's passing and set some reverse psychology in motion to hurry the change of season along. We've had the time change (a bit rushed for me), we've sprung ahead, the equinox is just around the corner. 50 degrees today! Yes! Let's melt that thick comforter of remaining snow. Let that sap flow, bring on mud season, bring it, bring it, in all it's slip slidey sloppy glory. I'm ready. I can't even remember green, can't quite imagine it on our hills out back, it's been a white, clean slate for so long. It's Time for some nature painting class. Time for bold color. C'mon Demeter, do your thing. Hey Persephone! Time to pop up out of the underworld for another Spring fling. Shamrock a little magic our way, show off, be shameless. We'll all dance a jig of gratitude and quaff a brew to you. It'll be grand, grand, grand.

No comments: