Thursday, November 12, 2009

I've been remiss, but ...






Okay, here's the deal. I wake up in the morning to the glory of this place - the stark, chill, bracing beauty of it all - and in the midst of the daily letting loose of the geese and our flapping runs back and forth across the hill or the strides up the hill for a view of the browns and beiges of the landscape or a jaunt over to the pond (many times with the quietly observing geese) to see the progress of the fill or the slight shell of ice that's formed during the night or the breathing in of the air and feeling so alive, in those moments I'm all ready to skedaddle across the road and sit and ratatat off a fine installment on my blog. BUT I have prioritized. There's another writing project I too easily can put onto a back burner that's demanding to be put front burner full flame. And so, I blink my eye and it's 9 pm (which in Vermont feels like 1 am) and I'm wiped and have no juices. I've stories to tell and shall, but for tonight I shall simply share a few photos of Richard's chickens, our enlarging and expanding pond, and a fresh moose print in the new soil alongside our pond which recently had been silt at the bottom of it.

PS If you squint while looking at the pond picture, on the left, about midway up the picture in the pond, you can see about 4 feet of our newly put in white standpipe periscoping up. That pipe is now an inch away from being submerged. The spring waters flow on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks