Saturday, August 22, 2009

Then and Now

Then - August 22, 1979 11:00 am Half Moon Bay

Wind blown in 1/2 Moon about 35 miles and 2 climbs from San Francisco. Splurging on breakfast - well earned. I feel lots of memories and good thoughts along the way plus lots of hills. I was just thinking of all the people who have wished me well, safety, and Godspeed along the way ... you can't miss with that many people rooting for you. It's not the end or nearing the end of the trip by any means. Friendships founded, events to come. And now I've got a chronicle and coffee. What could be more serene?

Now - August 22, 2009 7:25 am Vermont Sitting down to write with the hummy churn of the dishwasher to accompany me. The geese are swimming studies in serenity across the road, the cats have had their morning romp and are settling down for their post-prandial snooze, and a grey fog is cloaking everything in a cloudy embrace. Not bad.

Wishing you all a bit of serenity today.

No comments: